Announcement
· May 13, 2020

New Coding Talk: Using the IRIS Native API GitHub Template

Hi Developers,

Please welcome the new video specially recorded by InterSystems Product Manager @Bob Kuszewski for the 3rd InterSystems Online Programming Contest on InterSystems IRIS Native API:

⏯ Using the IRIS Native API GitHub Template

https://www.youtube.com/embed/bowj02anRM8
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

What’s the contest about?

In the last year, InterSystems added and expanded Native APIs for Java, .NET, Python, and Node.js. The Native API provides high speed access to globals, the ability to instantiate and use ObjectScript objects, and fine-grained control over transactions.

In this contest, we would like to see what kinds of interesting applications can be built using the Native API.  

➡️ Native API Contest Template

To hope you get started with the contest, we’ve provided this template in GitHub to get you started. Just follow the instructions included there to clone the repository, build a docker container, and run your application.

We hope that you’ll enjoy the new APIs and have fun hacking!

Stay tuned! 👍🏼

Discussion (6)1

Adapting the sample code to connect to my own local IRIS, how do I define the location for intersystems-iris-native. I see this line of code const irisnative = require('intersystems-iris-native'). Do I need to make a copy of one of the iris.node files from the bin directory and add it it node-modules?

Also I am using node v13.8.0 - will iris1000.node work is do I need one specific to that version?