Question
· Mar 30, 2020

Error Switching Journal

Hi, 

I'm having a problem when I'm attempting to freeze the instance.

I have a pre-script and post-script to freeze and unfreeze the instance, but when the script execute: 

csession INSTANCE_NAME -U '%SYS' "##Class(Backup.General).ExternalFreeze(\"$SNAPLOG\",,,,,,1800)"

It's give me this error and fails the freeze: 

Backup.General.ExternalFreeze: Failed, Unable to switch local journal file, Error: -99,ERROR #1142: Error switching journal file: 0
vi

At cconsole.log file show this:

Warning: Alternate and primary journal directories are the same
03/30/20-12:07:24:868 (2710) 2 Could not open journal log to read checksum, errno = 13
03/30/20-12:07:24:870 (20669) 1 Backup.General.ExternalFreeze: Failed, Unable to switch local journal file, Error: -99,ERROR #1142: Error switching journal file: 0

It could be a permission issue at journal.log file? 

Thanks!

Discussion (4)1

If you can't identify a permissions issue I would recommend opening a WRC case to investigate as it will probably take some looking around at your system to resolve, and that isn't easily done via a forum.

Worth considering is if this works in other environments and if so what the difference in permissions might be, and if you can try the freeze or journal switch directly in Caché terminal (taking the OS terminal out of the equation).