Announcement
· Jun 10, 2019

VSCode-ObjectScript release 0.7.11

Hi all, I have released the latest version of VSCode extension for ObjectScript already a month ago, and finally a time for the info about this new release.

So, what's new in the release:

What's new in this version

• added export setting "objectscript.export.addCategory" if enabled uses the previous behaviour, adds category folder to export folder, disabled by default
  • added Server actions menu, by clicking on server info from status bar. Open Management portal, Class Reference and toggle connection.
  • Class Suggestion in ##class, Extends, As, CompileAfter, DependsOn, PropertyClass
  • $SYSTEM suggestion by Classes from %SYSTEM
  • Import and compile folder or file by context menu in File Explorer
  • Server Explorer, now possible to open any other namespace
  • Macros suggestion

For details how it works now, look further.

Intellisense

• Class name  suggestion after Extends keyword
  • Class name suggestion after keyword As. Should work in many cases such as with 
    • Property
    • Parameter
    • Method definition
    • and so on.
  • Macros usage suggestion name after typing triple dollar $$$
  • Special variable $SYSTEM suggestion.

Other changes

• Import and Compile all files from the File Explorer
  • Server Explorer, view another namespace.
  • Go to System Management Portal
  • And to Class Reference.

As always fill free to fill any issues you faced when used this extension, or any new features you would like to see.

If you like my job, you can donate to me in any preferable way.

Discussion (14)2

Dmitry,

An amazing piece of work.

I tested this with a local install of IRIS:
IRIS for Windows (x86-64) 2019.1 (Build 510U) Thu Mar 14 2019 14:13:37 EDT

In Studio I created a test class in the USER namespace

I then opened VSCode, changed to the USER namespace and was able to open the test class

However when I tried to edit the code I saw: 

Not sure what's wrong here - any suggestions ?

Thanks,

David

Good to hear that you solved it. Unfortunately, development workflow guide is on the way, yet. But I'm going to do it this month.

First of all, any logging related to this extension goes to Output ObjectScript, so, you maybe can find there errors, or compile log.

Actually, it should compile class and notify about success or errors, just after change and save any class/routine.

Import and compile from explorer, good to use when you have changed many files in the sources folder, by Source Control System for example.

You can also trigger compile from command pallete and with a shortcut Cmd +F7/ Cmd + F7